World of Warcraft has announced Dragonflight. But how do you like the new expansion? yesterday was a big day for all World of Warcraft fans. After long months of waiting, the developers talked in detail about the next chapter of the WoW saga in an almost hour-long live stream. “Dragonflight” takes you back to Azeroth to the legendary Dragon Islands. There, players help aspects like Alexstrasza, Kalecgos, and Nozdormu fix the dragonflights’ problems, big and small. Popular characters like Wrathion or Khadgar are also included – and several new features.
World of Warcraft’s next expansion, Dragonflight, has been revealed by Blizzard Entertainment. The expansion, the ninth of WoW’s 18-year history, does not yet have a release date, although the beta is currently available to be opted into on the official WoW website.
Dragonflight was unofficially leaked earlier this month when WoW coverage site Wowhead found mentions of the expansion’s title in the source code of the official WoW website. With today’s expansion announcement, the leaks from earlier this month have been confirmed.
Dragonflight, the first expansion to be revealed outside of BlizzCon since Legion in 2015, will add countless new features and systems to the game, including a new region consisting of five zones, the Dragon Isles. Additionally, Dragonflight will introduce a new playable race, the Dracthyr, and a new class, the Evoker. The new class and race will be exclusive for the first time in WoW‘s history: only Dracthyr can play as Evokers, and only Evokers can be made as Dracthyr.
WoW’s level cap, which was “squished” down to 60 from 120 during Shadowlands, is being increased to 70 upon the release of Dragonflight. Dracthyr Evokers will begin at level 58, and Blizzard has classified them as a “Hero Class.”
But first, we want to know: What is your first impression of Dragonflight? Are you interested in the next expansion? Do you like what you saw? Or are you still sceptical?
What’s in the new addition? The WoW expansion is unusually reserved. There are only several new features and otherwise many revisions to the basic mechanics. Some of the pillars of the next expansion are:
- New Race and Class: Caller of the Dracthyr, humanoid dragons that can be ranged DD or healers and have extensive cosmetic customization.
- Dragon Islands as a new area: 4 new areas are waiting on the Dragon Islands (+1 as the starting area of the Dracthyr).
- Dragon Riding: Instead of flying, you can ride dragons. This allows for a new mode of locomotion with high speeds and effects from gravity, air currents, and more.
- New talent system: WoW brings back the talent trees with much more variety. There is a “class” talent tree and one for specialization.
- Revision of the professions: The profession system must be expanded and refined. There are work orders, gear for all professions, and new specializations with tiers of quality.
- Interface Revision: The entire WoW UI will be revised