After showing up sporadically in different showcases from Warner Bros., Gotham Knights returned to the stage this week for an appearance during this year’s Summer Game Fest. During the showing, we got a better look at one character on their own: Nightwing. The new Gotham Knights game is scheduled to be released on October 25th, so those looking forward to the game can expect more reviews like this one between now and then.
Reveals from Gotham Knights have sometimes focused on characters in pairs, given that there are four to pick from, but this one focused solely on Nightwing. It’s full of combat featuring the hero and the Flying Trapeze glider, which previously attracted Fortnite comparisons.
Gotham Knights Gameplay
Gotham Knights’s reveal over the last couple of months included more gameplay from Red Hood and Nightwing, two of the four characters playable in the game. As did the cancelation of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions, some updates for characters’ backstories and clarifications about decisions happened. There’s also a show with the same name, but the game’s creators have reminded people that the two projects are separate in every way other than the name.
The whole story of Gotham Knights revolves around the Batman Family and their fight against the Court of Owls and other better-known villains from DC’s expansive roster. According to details revealed so far, Batman is presumed dead in this game, including the brief synopsis below. However, people are already anticipating a twist where it’s revealed that Batman is not, in fact, dead and is instead pursuing his plans unknown to the Batman Family.
- Play as a New Guard of DC Super Heroes – Step into Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Robin roles and shape Gotham’s newest protector to create your version of the Dark Knight.
- Action-Packed, Original Story Set in DC’s Batman Universe – With the Belfry as their base of operations, this new era of heroes will solve mysteries that connect the darkest chapters in Gotham’s history—from its soaring towers to its underground criminal network. Embark on rich storylines, including face-offs against some of the most infamous DC Super-Villains, such as Mr. Freeze, who is set on engulfing Gotham City in ice.
- Explore and Fight Crime in an Open-World Gotham City – Patrol the dark streets of five distinct boroughs in a dynamic, interactive Gotham using a variety of traversal abilities and heroic combat moves, as well as the iconic Batcycle. From street-level crimefighting to face-offs with iconic DC Super-Villains, save the city from descent into chaos.
- Unique Character Abilities and Customization – Each hero has unique abilities, gear, weapons, and a customizable suit. Batgirl wields her melee tonfa; Nightwing uses his signature dual Escrima Sticks; Red Hood has trained to reach peak human strength, and Robin is expertly skilled with his collapsible quarterstaff.
- Team Up in Two-Player, Online Co-Op – Play Gotham Knights solo or team up with a friend and combine strengths to protect Gotham City in a two-player, online co-op. Watch the trailer below.
Gotham Knights are due for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store on October 25. Visited our site BGN for more news and guides on various games.