Update 1.09 is here for MLB The Show 21 and here is the full list of changes and fixes added in this patch.
The new MLB The Show 21 update will be rolled out on June 19 at 4:00 p.m. EST. The version number is 1.04 on the PS4 and 1.009 if you have the PS5 copy of the game. If you have the game on Xbox One and Xbox Series X / S, the patch number is 22.214.171.124.
While no new content has been announced, there are various bug fixes for online games and other game modes. The fixes for online modes should make the multiplayer experience a little better than before. There’s also a notice about user-created content.
You can read the full patch notes below.
MLB The Show 21 1.09 patch notes
- All versions of the legends Ivan Rodriguez, Johnny Bench and Gary Carter will now have the Pop Time quirk. NOTE: The quirk will appear on the Player Object tab after content delivery on 6/22/21 (around noon PT.))
ONLINE HEAD TO HEAD
- Fixed a crash that could occur if one player had a map open on the screen when the other player exited
- Fixed an issue where home run replays would not play when opponent pressed X (PlayStation) / A (Xbox).
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when exiting Showdown from the program menu
- Fixed an issue where players could get trapped in a pause menu after a pitcher injury
- The “Accept Kind Exit” button has been changed from Square (PlayStation) / X (Xbox) to X (PlayStation) / A (Xbox).
- Fixed an issue where a runner would get a free base while stealing if the batter was hit with the bad luck during a Late Bunt attempt
- Fixed a bug that caused players to “freeze” if a user intentionally walked, dismounted, and threw multiple clubs
There are no changes to hit or gameplay balance in this update.
- Record appearances are now displayed on the jumbotrons at American Family Field and Busch Stadium
- Fixed an issue where the ball could slide through the wall at Angel Stadium
- Fixed a collision issue around the left field foul pole at American Family Field that sometimes resulted in a foul ball being “warped” back into the stadium
WAY TO THE SHOW
- Various corrections and adjustments to cameras and presentations in the changing rooms
- Statistics generated by Simmen are no longer counted towards program progress
- Notable stats are now displayed on jumbotrons
- Players are now eligible for rewards for being on the injured list at the end of the season
- Fixed an issue that caused the default stadium image to appear in the stadium assignment menu
- Fixed an issue where the Make Trade option would not appear in the Matchmaking screen for some eligible players
- The first game in the second half of the AA season was incorrectly referred to as “Opening Day”
- The post-game mission list is now scrollable and shows all missions that have progressed and no longer shows missions for programs that have already been completed
- The lower ticker is no longer displayed in any of the quick menus in the game
- The pause menu is no longer displayed during the highlight role after the game
- Other miscellaneous UI tweaks and fixes
- Various different crash fixes
- Various updates to the play-by-play commentary
To learn more about this patch, visit the official website. The developer also wanted to let players know about created user content. Offensive images have been uploaded lately, so the following message is intended to warn players about them. You can read the full announcement below.
“Since the launch of MLB the Show 21, we’ve seen some absolutely amazing content in the vaults of the logo and the stadium. Every year we see things created with a level of detail that makes it through the studio and amazes us. We have some really passionate and talented YouTubers in our community and we’re excited to see how they keep pushing our content creation tools every year.
Unfortunately we too seen some disrespectful creations also. We want to be clear: this type of content has no place on MLB The Show, and to date we have removed many of these creations and blocked access to MLB The Show from the accounts that post such unacceptable content.
Many of these bad creations came to our attention through reports from our dedicated community, and we are forever grateful for that.
On behalf of everyone here at the San Diego Studio, a huge THANK YOU to everyone in the community for helping us remove such disrespectful and offensive content and for continuing to help make MLB The Show a great place to play. “
MLB The Show 21 is available now for the PS5, Xbox Series X / S, PS4 and Xbox One platforms.