The Warzone Season 5 cinematic trailer here seems to hint at another major time jump for the battle royale’s narrative, thanks to one familiar face. The trailer largely focuses on Black Ops 2 villain Raul Menendez.
As he deposits a missile-shaped box into a volcano, causing it to erupt. Rorke from Call of Duty joins Menendez: Ghosts, Al-Asad from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and Seraph from Black Ops 3 and 4.
It’s an impressive roster of villains that spans multiple CoD games created by different studios.
For those wondering how this ties into the plot of the mainline Call of Duty games, I think it’s fair to say that Warzone is now non-canon. Much like Call of Duty: Mobile, it seems like the developers are just using all available tools to create the most exciting season possible.
When does Season 5 start? The fifth season of Call of Duty: Warzone is called “Last Stand” and will start on August 24, 2022.
What does the COD Season 5 trailer show?
The new trailer for CoD: Warzone Season 5 shows a helicopter transporting a kind of container and dropping it over a volcano shortly afterward. The helicopter then flies away to land at the end of the trailer. While spinning the rotor blades raises a lot of dust, four legendary villains leave the vehicle.
Which villains does the trailer show?
In the video description of the trailer on YouTube, the developers tell us that Season 5 will bring some villains from past games in the shooter franchise: “Legends never die – and that also applies to legendary villains”.
YouTube user Mull CODM listed the following times when you can see the four villains featured in the trailer and which games they are known from:
- Rorke, Call of Duty Ghosts – 00:16
- Al-Asad, Call of Duty 4 – 00:23
- Seraph, Call of Duty Black Ops 3 & 4 – 00:28
- Raul Mendez, Call of Duty Black Ops 2 – 00:35
Call of Duty: Warzone Season 5 Trailer
Merging legendary villains gets positive reactions
How are the fans reacting? The trailer received a lot of positive reactions in the comments on YouTube. However, YouTube user Soufinator received the most plaudits for his criticism of Call of Duty: Vanguard, garnering over 1,500 likes:
- SOUFINATOR: “The guys from different CoD games have teamed up to go back in time and stop Vanguard before it’s too late.
- CtigirsGaming: “It looks like there will be big changes in Caldera after the volcano erupts. That’s great!”
- Pufsthepenguin: “I know this doesn’t make sense, but having legendary CoD villains working together is great!”
- Andrew Hoppe: “That looks interesting! I’m not sure how this will work in the storyline, but it looks cool to see those villains again!”
What do you think of the trailer and the bringing together of the legendary villains? Did that get you interested in Season 5, or do you find the idea rather inappropriate? If you want to go kill-hunting before the start of Season 5. Visited our site BGN for more news and guides on various games.