The ’80s Action Heroes event is finally arriving in Call of Duty: Warzone, bringing iconic characters like John Rambo and John McClane to the Verdansk Cold War and Black Ops. The Rambo and Die Hard bundles are available in the store, but there are also other free rewards players can earn for completing challenges in both Warzone and Black Ops Cold War. This event works similarly to previous Warzone events and features multiplayer challenges in both Warzone and Black Ops Cold War that reward a special weapon design for completing the entire set. Here’s a breakdown of all of the Action Heroes challenges and rewards of the 80s in Call of Duty: Warzone.
All Call of Duty: Warzone ’80s Action Heroes challenges
There are a total of 18 challenges for the Action Heroes event of the 80s, which is evenly divided between Warzone and Black Ops Cold War. Completing all nine Warzone challenges rewards the ignition schedule for the Pellington, while completing all nine Black Ops Cold War challenges unlocks the Flamebearer draft for the DMR 14. Here are all 18 challenges and their respective rewards.
- Comic Savior (business card) – Earn First Blood in Warzone by being the first member of your squad to receive a kill.
- Bomb! (Charm) – Get 15 kills with explosive weapons or deadly equipment in Warzone.
- Cosmic Traveler (Emblem) – Collect 50 dog tags in Warzone Power Grab.
- Right grip (sticker) – Reach the last circle five times in Warzone Power Grab.
- Player One (Business Card) – Eliminate enemy equipment during the public arms deal in Warzone 25.
- Blaaarrghhh (emblem) – Survive jumping from the top of the Nakatomi tower to the ground in Warzone.
- Payphone (charm) – Complete one of the three side missions in the Nakatomi Tower in Warzone.
- Action Packed (business card) – Collect 3 Rambo POW dog tags in Warzone.
- Messy (sticker) – Get 3 kills with the Combat Bow Killstreak in Warzone.
- Glamor Shot (business card) – Complete 7 matches in the “Multiplayer” or “Zombies’ 80s Action Heroes” playlists (a lot of range in round 5 in “Zombies”).
- Robot tank (arcade game) – Win 80s multiplayer matches in an Action Heroes playlist or survive in zombies a total of three times in Round 15.
- Apex Gator (watch) – Get a total of 100 eliminations in multiplayer or battle medals in zombies in an Action Heroes playlist from the 80s.
- Shoulder fire (sticker) – Earn 25 Have a Blast in multiplayer or zombies! Medals from killings with explosives.
- Radiant heat (business card) – In multiplayer or zombies, you will receive 25 war medals for using automatic weapons.
- Summer palm (charm) – Earn 25 Light Em Up Medals while using the Death Machine in Multiplayer or Zombies.
- Main hero (sticker) – Earn 25 in multiplayer or zombies. These are personal medals for using melee weapons.
- Purple fury (emblem) – Get 3 kills without dying in multiplayer or earn Jackrabbit medals in zombies a total of 10 times.
- Steve (charm) – Earn 10 hacked medals while using the tomahawk in multiplayer or zombies.
After completing all nine challenges in Warzone or Black Ops Cold War, you will receive an additional reward for completing the entire set. Both bonus rewards are weapon plans.
- Ignition (Weapon Blueprint) – Complete all 9 Warzone Event Challenges.
- Flame carrier (Weapon Blueprint) – Complete all 9 Cold War challenges.
The 80s Action Heroes event is now available for free in Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer and Zombies modes on all platforms, so anyone can complete these challenges even if they don’t own the game. In addition to these challenges, Warzone also has new POIs on the map and new modes that you can try out in Black Ops Cold War. There is a lot to see and do during this event and it looks like it will take some time. However, once the event ends, the challenges and rewards are gone for good. The same goes for the Rambo and Die Hard bundles. So act fast if you want to get all of the 80s-themed rewards.
Call of Duty: War Zone is available now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Call of Duty: Warzone Warzone Guides