Bugbear has released a new update for Wreckfest today to coincide with the start of Season 2. Below you can find all the details about the Getaway update September 15th.
the Wreckfest update 1.61 It is now available to download, for PS4, Xbox One and PC. We do not know the size of the download at this time, but it will be different depending on the platform.
With the start of Season 2 and the Getaway update, new content will be added, including a new track, a new tournament, and much more.
Wreckfest Season 2 Getaway Update 1.61
PERSONAL COMPUTER: 1.264871
- Added support for the “Getaway Car Pack” DLC pack containing three new cars: Bullet, Razor and Cardinal.
- Added a new free track – Hillstreet Circuit with forward and reverse layouts.
(Note from server administrators: Internal designations for routes are urban08_1 and urban08_1_rev)
- New tournament season: Getaway Heat.
- New free reward car for tournaments: Rocket RX.
- New Free Tournament Reward Packs and Paint Jobs.
- Score Streak events now last the correct time instead of always three minutes.
- Fixed an issue where saved data would be reset. This issue seemed to particularly affect save data dating back to the game’s launch. Our apologies to everyone affected by this issue.
- Fixed an issue where the game would not launch due to corrupted “assists.aids”.
- Fixed an issue where the game would stop being “OUT OF MEMORY” during launch.
- Title no longer hangs at “No Vertex Buffer Memory” with specific track and vehicle combinations.
HOW TO PLAY
- Dynamic objects, such as tires, no longer deflect the car from the road after hitting the car wheel.
- The AI is a little less aggressive towards the player on Beginner and Amateur difficulty.
- The AI now uses Firefly also in Class A.
- The server no longer incorrectly loads a tournament track when trying to change the track.
- BagEdit now supports a ban list with a maximum of 8,192 entries.
- In general, the visuals like spoilers no longer come off the slightest push.
- Improved handling of Big Rig and background collisions.
- Added Class B and Class A motor improvements for Motorhomes, and made the AI use them too.
- Sweeper’s improved suspension settings and lower collisions.
- Higher sweeper suspension ride height and adjusted lower collision.
- Sweeper exhaust geometry no longer fails so easily after warping.
- Venom and Hunter Panther bumpers no longer detach too easily.
- The texture of the Hunter Panther hood has been improved.
- Hunter Panther grid improvements.
- Fixed Hunter Panther fender flares clipping.
- El Matador’s front bumper is already floating in the air.
- The roll cages on the Raiden RS no longer go through the interior window.
- Hellvester’s improved visual damage. Also, the exhaust pipe no longer comes off too easily.
- The missing side guards for Speedbird are now available again.
- Wild exhaust stacks are no longer snagged by anti-roll bars.
- Improved positioning of the Rocket DLC rear wing.
- Various menu transitions are smoother.
- In Server Browser, a server can now be added as a favorite. Favorites are always displayed at the top and sorted according to the selected sort method.
- In Server Explorer, special characters and spaces are now ignored when sorting servers alphabetically.
- In the car selection (garage, custom event, lobby), cars can now be sorted by class and performance, type or region, as well as alphabetically.
- In Car Selection, a car can now be marked as a favorite. Favorites are always displayed first in the list and sorted by the selected sort method.
- In custom event creation, the game now remembers the AI set selected by the player, instead of always reverting to the “Same as player” set.
- In Elimination Race, the delete notification is now easier to see.
- Dragslayer: New engine sounds.
- Gatecrasher: Fixed incorrect motor pitch setting (tuning).
- Killerbee & Boomer (All Gamer Models) – Increased engine volume in the overall mix to counter race sound masking with 23 AIs and a dense starting grid layout, and esp. on built-in flat panel speakers.
- Surround Sound: Player engine sounds are now mixed with the surround center channel only when using chase camera views.
- Surround Sound: Fixed player car pan issues in bumper camera view.
- Surround Sound: Fixed tracking of the emitter position of the collision sounds that belong to the object of the player’s car, so that the sounds do not lag behind / pass the car at high speeds.
- In-game: Fixed rim surface detection so as not to play sounds from wrong material when loss of wheel contact occurs at a slower pace (low speed, gentle slopes, etc.).
- In-game: Added unique tire sounds for the wooden surface.
- In Game: Vehicle position tracking adjusted for less erratic audio panning by rotating the chase camera around the player’s vehicle.
- In-game: AI cars mix harder when close to the camera (distance