CD Projekt Red has the Update 9.1 patch notes to the Gwent: The Witcher card game, to be released on July 7th. This Witcher-themed card-based game was released in October 2018 and while support for the console versions of the title ended a year later, the game continues to receive support and updates on PC. This particular update has a strong focus on rebalancing existing maps across all factions, with a few minor additions and bug fixes. Everything here is new with Gwents Update 9.1.
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game Update 9.1 Patch Notes
The patch notes come directly from the official Gwent website.
- New unit: Sunset Wanderers. Sorcerer, 1 power, 11 provisions. This card starts in the leftmost position on your hand. At the beginning of your turn while you are in hand, move one position to the right and then improve by 1. If at the end of your turn you have not passed and there are no cards to the right of this card, summon from your hand yourself into a random allied row, then draw a card.
- Doppler: Changed determinations from 6 to 5.
- Elderly Bear: Changed Provisions from 6 to 4.
- Caravan Vanguard: supplies changed from 6 to 5.
- Swallow: supplies changed from 5 to 4.
- Mahakam Ale: supplies changed from 5 to 4.
- Scout: Changed determinations from 5 to 4.
- Vaedermakar: Druids category added.
- Yennefer: Prophecy: The regulations were changed from 9 to 8.
- Triss Merigold: The regulations were changed from 9 to 8.
- White Frost: A new part of the ability has been added: Whenever you play a Wild Hunt unit, boost it by 1 if there is Frost in the opposite row.
- Ice giant: Changed provisions from 6 to 5.
- Abominable Feast: Supplies changed from 5 to 4.
- Griffin power changed from 8 to 9.
- Kikimore Workers: supplies changed from 5 to 4.
- Red Rider: The food was changed from 6 to 5.
- Ard Gaeth: Regulations changed from 9 to 8.
- Marolorn power changed from 3 to 4.
- Apprentice Witch: rules changed from 4 to 5.
- Rage of the Sea: Regulations changed from 14 to 15.
- Tuirseach Veteran Berserk requirement changed from 2 to 3.
- Dimun Pirate power changed from 7 to 8.
- Angry Bear power changed from 7 to 8.
- Disgraced Brawlers: Supplies changed from 5 to 4.
- Boat Builder: Added cooldown: 1
- A Craite Warcler power changed from 3 to 4.
- Morkvarg: The pirate category has been added. Provisions changed from 8 to 7.
- Svalblod Cultist: supplies changed from 5 to 4.
- Pincer Maneuvers: Regulations changed from 16 to 15.
- Immortal Cavalry: Provisions changed from 6 to 5.
- Cursed Knight: Provisions changed from 5 to 4.
- Redan Elite: Changed Provisions from 5 to 4. Armor changed from 4 to 3.
- War Chariot: Added cooldown: 3
- Reinforced Balista: Power changed from 4 to 3. Armor changed from 0 to 1.
- Half Elf Hunter: Changed Provisions from 6 to 5.
- Waylay: The regulations have been changed from 5 to 4.
- Dwarf Mercenary: Supplies changed from 5 to 4.
- Mahakam Defender: Supplies changed from 5 to 4.
- Dol Blathanna Archer power changed from 4 to 5.
- Forest Whisperer: Order (Ranged) changed to. Gives vitality to an allied unit for 3 turns.
- Cat Sorcerer Saboteur power changed from 4 to 5.
- Imperial Formation: Part of the ability has been changed to: Once all charges have been used, move a unit up from your deck.
- Detention: Regulations changed from 16 to 15.
- Double cross: Regulations changed from 17 to 16.
- Imperial Diplomacy: Supplies changed from 5 to 4.
- Nilfgaardian Knight power changed from 7 to 8.
- Ard Feainn Tortoise: supplies changed from 5 to 4.
- Mage Torturer: Power changed from 4 to 5.
- Albrich: Provisions changed from 7 to 6.
- Viper Witcher: The effect of Adrenalin 6 has been changed to: If it’s not a token, make a base copy of this unit on top of the opponent’s deck.
- Coated Weapons: Changed the killing blow effect to: If it wasn’t a token, banish it and generate a base copy of it on top of the opponent’s deck.
- Affan Hillergrand: The food was changed from 8 to 7.
- Imperial Golem: Power changed from 11 to 12. The supplies changed from 7 to 6.
- Blightmaker: Changed provisions from 5 to 6.
- The Guardian: The level has been changed from gold to bronze. The rarity changed from epic to common.
- Pirate Bay: supplies changed from 15 to 14.
- Jackpot: Provisions changed from 16 to 15.
- Smuggling regulations changed from 5 to 4.
- Arenaghul: Changed provisions from 5 to 4.
- Arena Endraga: power changed from 5 to 6.
- Cleaver’s Muscle: Supplies changed from 5 to 4.
- Damn Good Friends: Power changed from 5 to 6.
- Adriano the Mink: A new part of the ability has been added: Increases profit by 1 for each Smart Seductress allied.
- Hureson Junior power changed from 5 to 4.
- Automatic milling settings are no longer saved on the device, but on the account.
- WitcherCon Festival – from 2 days after the 9.1 release
- The dead man’s tongue no longer shows the deck in sequence.
- Cards like Dread Bear, Cahir Dyffryn, and Black Blood no longer count as base power boosts as boosters.
- Mage Assassin can no longer be summoned from above the deck during the opponent’s turn.
- Ethereal now properly transforms demons.
- Cintrian Envoy will now properly display all card types, not just units.
- Reinforced Ballista cooldown now correctly updates at the beginning of the turn, not at the end of the turn.
- Megascope and Dol Blathanna Whisperer now correctly reset their counters when leaving the field.
- Fixed a shader issue affecting Adrenaline and Shield graphics.
The patch notes for 9.1 generated mixed reactions from the Gwent community. Some of the nerfs are considered unnecessary while others are praised for balancing the game but are considered long overdue. The only really new feature is minor and moves the automatic milling settings to be saved to your account so that your settings are retained on all devices. Finally, several bugs with incorrect performance boosts, counter resets, shaders, and various others have been fixed and fixed.
Gwent: The Witcher card game is available to play on PC.