Update 3.13.2 has arrived for Way of exile. In this patch, just inches closer to the game’s big 3.14 update, we’re seeing some fixes for crashes, general improvements for things like texture streaming, and updated patching process.
A big chunk in this smaller POE update is a fix for a frequent game client crash. Potential players with the new M1 Macs can now play Path of Exile. The 3.13.2 patch is now available for Path of Exile. Below are the patch notes and everything that was fixed in the update.
POE Update 3.13.2 Patch Notes
- Texture streaming has been further improved. Loading should be faster now and you should see fewer low resolution textures.
- Added automation to remove old minimap and shader data. This process takes place during the startup of the Grinding Gear Games logo video and may take some time. Old minimap and shader data will usually be deleted once per league in the future.
- The patcher has been updated to reduce the fragmentation of ggpk during the patching process. This means that the ggpk file won’t get that big as quickly in the future. We are working on a graphical interface for the PackCheck tool so that you can easily compress it again.
- M1 Mac owners can now play Path of Exile through Rosetta without impacting performance. A native version will be available in a future update.
- Various renderer systems have been made around 15-20% faster, which doesn’t necessarily translate into a performance improvement for all users, but anecdotally it seems to be an average of 5% faster for us.
- Fixed a frequent client crash.
When will the POE update 3.14 patch come?
3.13.2 is a predecessor patch for 3.14. In fact, the developers released both a 3.13.2a patch and a secondary patch called 3.13.2b
Patch 3.13.2b provides support for the upcoming announcement 3.14 and the new Supporter Packs. Patch 3.14 is expected in mid-April. Patch 3.13.2 is now available for Path of Exile.
Way of exile