Ubisoft and the responsible developers have released a new update for Hyper Scape today. Below are the full patch notes for this September 3 update.
the Hyper Scape 1.11 update can now be downloaded. On the PS4, the download size is 754 MB, depending on the platform, the size may vary. The update includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
Hyper Scape 1.11 patch notes on September 3
NEW KEY FEATURES IN HYPER SCAPE
CONTROLLER RESPONSE CURVE ADJUSTMENTS
2 new settings have been added for controller orientation:
- Target response curve: Toggle classic curve / linear curve (Classic by default)
- Target acceleration: Toggle ON / OFF (default ON)
DEVELOPER NOTES: Many of you, especially those who play on the console, asked for improvements in the experience of aiming in the controller. We added these new settings for all platforms so that you can better control the level of precision and inertia when aiming with sticks. Choosing the linear curve will create a direct link between the input and the target speed. Disabling the aiming acceleration will eliminate the inertia of the aiming movement and create a more predictable target.
If you’ve been uncomfortable with the controller pointing so far, we recommend that you try different settings to see which one works best for you, starting with testing by disabling Point Acceleration. Also note that your current aiming sensitivity settings can have a very different impact depending on the curve you select.
NOTE: We have made additional improvements to the aiming / sensitivity options, which you will find below in the Game Modes and Systems section below.
PLAYER PROFILE AND STATISTICS
You can now access your PLAYER PROFILE and various lifetime statistics from CHAMPIONS ROOM portal in Hyper Scape HUB, on the Profile tab.
This is just the first step; we plan to expand this feature in the future.
PLAYER REPORTING FROM THE ELIMINATION SCREEN
You can now REPORT PLAYERS from the Delete screen.
DEVELOPER NOTES: This is an enhancement to the existing player reporting functionality, which was previously limited to team members only. You can now report players who have eliminated you, if you have reason to believe that they have been cheating or acting disruptively in violation of the Contender Code.
- Clip size in Fusion: 100/120/140/160/180 (previously 150/180/210/240/270)
- Reduced general aiming aid
DEVELOPER NOTES: Hexfire was too present in the current meta of the console. Reducing its magazine size and aim assist level should take some of the pressure off opponents and make it a less obvious choice over other fully automatic weapons. We will closely monitor whether these changes are sufficient to improve the weapon’s balance and readjust if necessary.
- Damage through fusion: 4/4/4/4/5 (previously 5/5/5/5/7)
- Clip size in Fusion: 7/6/8/9/10 (previously 5/6/7/8/9)
DEVELOPER NOTES: The Mammoth was too efficient in terms of kills and damage, especially on PC. We chose to adjust its damage, but gave it a bit more clip size to compensate. This change should rebalance its impact against other close-range weapons like the Harpy and make it less of an all-purpose weapon. We will closely monitor the impact of this change on the weapon balance and readjust it if necessary.
- Damage reduction: 150m +
- We have added a Lens flare when targeting contestants
DEVELOPER NOTES: Protocol damage will now decrease after 150 yards to prevent players who are too far from the action from killing with 1 shot. We also added a Lens Flare when players aim the rifle, to warn potential victims. Both changes should provide more opportunities to escape or counterattack against snipers.
- Reduced bounce of grenades in twenty% to make them more predictable
- Proximity detonation radius: 0.7R (previously 0.65R)
DEVELOPER NOTES: The Salvo is by far the least used weapon today and we believe it has a lot to do with its unpredictability. While we don’t intend to make it overly powerful and spammy indoors, those changes should make it easier to use and less random when shooting in the direction of an enemy.
- Damage through fusion: 25/27/29/32/36 (previously 26/28/31/34/38)
DEVELOPER NOTES: We’ve slightly reduced the Riot One’s damage as it was starting to overpower it with a high level of efficiency as an opening and closing weapon. Damage reduction is only 4-5% at all fusion levels with the goal of reducing overall damage output rather than changing weapon behavior.
GAME MODES AND SYSTEMS
CROWN AND SHOWDOWN
- Crown Bearer Cooldown Penalty: 300% (previously 150%)
- Crown Victory Timer: 60’s (previously 45 years)
- The outline of Crown Bearer is now yellow (formerly red)
DEVELOPER NOTES– We got a lot of feedback from the community telling us that the Crown Bearer was too hard to beat, especially on Console. We confirmed that there were indeed too many Crown victories in the game currently. The Crown is intended to be a tiebreaker during Showdown, not the primary way to win a Crown Rush mode.
In patch 1.1, we have greatly increased the pressure on the wielder of the Crown in terms of Hack’s cooldown penalty and increased the victory timer. We are planning more improvements in the future to make sure that the Crown is not too easy to win and at the same time is fun for all players.
OBJECTIVE TO HELP
- The driver’s aim assist setting is now a slider (0-100) and not just an ON / OFF option.
- Point Assist for PC controller has been reduced.
DEVELOPER NOTES: The role of Aim Assist is to help provide a good experience for all players, not to make one specific type of controller superior to another. Our data showed that on PC, Controller’s weapon efficiency was slightly higher than Keyboard & Mouse’s, so its Aim Assist level has been lowered. This is for the PC controller only.
We know that the Aim Assist issue is important to many gamers and can be polarizing; We’ve always been on the lookout for this mechanic and will continue to monitor it in the future to ensure that the game continues to be fun for our entire community.
The slider settings will also allow players to reduce the assist level of aiming to the level they like rather than simply being able to turn it off.
DECIMAL MOUSE SETTINGS
- Adjustments for mouse sensitivity are now offered decimal values on the sliders.
DEVELOPER NOTESResponding to a large request from our PC gamers from Tech Test, this will allow Mouse and Keyboard players to adjust their sensitivity more precisely.
- Controller sensitivity defaults have been changed (existing settings will not be affected; this applies only to new players):
- Vertical sensitivity: fifteen (previously 20)
- Horizontal sensitivity: fifteen (previously 20)
- ADS low zoom sensitivity: 40 (previously 70)
- ADS high zoom sensitivity: 40 (previously 70)
DEVELOPER NOTES: Researching the general difficulty of aiming for controller players, we found the default sensitivity values to be a bit too high. New players will now start with defaults closer to what we see our community uses and recommends. The existing settings will not be affected.
TWITCH CROWNCAST EXTENSION
- Congratulations are now larger and displayed for longer (7 seconds)
- More Kudos are displayed on screen for each activation by viewers (a minimum of 3 will be displayed)
DEVELOPER NOTES: Our streamers and viewers on Twitch told us that Kudos were not visible enough and that they were often overlooked. We’ve heavily bolstered your screen presence to make sure viewers feel like your support doesn’t go unnoticed and to make streamers feel more amazing.
As before, streamers can enable / disable Kudos in their Extension options.
- Game event rotation: 3 Events (previously 2)
DEVELOPER NOTES: Once activated in a match, a Game Event will not have a chance to activate again until 3 more Events have occurred (the rotation was previously 2). Now it will be rare to see the same event twice in a single match. This should create more diversity for spectators and players and reduce that sense of repetition with Events in matches.
- Fixed an issue where players from regions other than America would get matchmaking errors when they couldn’t ping any data center.
- Fixed an issue where long matchmaking times would occur during high loads if you were among the last players to join the queue.
- Fixed an issue where challenges requiring eliminations or assists would not progress or complete when using Mine Hack.
HOW TO PLAY
- Fixed an issue where picking up weapons from the ground would sometimes make them disappear.
- Fixed an issue where contestants would sometimes get stuck under the map before the Eliminated screen would appear at the end of a match.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong month was displayed during incoming maintenance messages.
- Fixed an issue where bundle thumbnails were incorrectly resized when focused in the Weekly Store.
- Fixed an issue where the text “STRING” was present during the coronation ceremony screen at the end of a match.
• Multiple crashes fixed and overall game stability improved.