Erik Asmussen has released a new update for Factory Town. Below are the full patch notes for this September 9 update.
the Factory City The campaign update is now available for download. The patch adds a new interface option, new Biome Chunky islands, and some bug fixes.
Factory Town September 9 Patch Notes
Added a lot of things from player feature wish lists that will help make it easier to move items around the map and between production zones! Here are some highlights:
Now you can select multiple items in a single filter! Just press Shift + click to add more items (or right click to open a menu and hit “Include”). The item, worker or train will pass if it matches (or has) any of the selected items.
Advanced filtering options
You can also set some advanced conditions on your item filters. Right-click on the icon to open a menu of options. Now you can set an item to “Exclude” and the item will NOT pass if it meets that condition. You can exclude a whole category like “Fruit”. And you can even stack them together in the same filter – include or exclude as many items as you like.
Similarly, you can “Require” an article. This option appears in the logistics block filters and is useful if you had a train that should have two or more types of specific elements. So it works like a ‘Y’.
You can also specify whether your filter should only include the packed version of an item or the unpackaged version (or keep the default behavior, which allows either).
This shows several different advanced filters working simultaneously:
Please note that individual inventory spaces can only be assigned a specific item. These advanced options apply to the top-level element filter for the worker, building, or block. The game will consider both inventory slot restrictions and higher-level item filters when determining whether an item can be transferred.
The new Merge block is the opposite of a Splitter. It will combine items into a single belt, combining them evenly based on which direction they come from. You can even assign a specific ratio of input directions (so you can have a 2: 1 or 1: 1: 2 belt combination, for example). It will automatically ignore addresses that do not have an inbound route.
Ground texture painting
In Creative mode, you can now paint textures on the terrain, giving you more options for your custom maps! At the moment only the 4 basic textures (Grass, Deep Grass, Sand and Rock) are available, but I hope to add more later. Use it to create something more realistic (or not)
Here are the full patch notes:
- Multiple item filters added, with the ability to mark items as packed only / unpacked only (or both), exclude items, require items (to test worker units that can carry multiple types)
- More objects have a higher level element filter: train stops, fuel loaders, wagon loaders and all worker units
- Added a merge block that only allows a balanced number of items in the block from different directions. It works as a 2- or 3-way balancer. The default ratios are 1: 1, but you can specify different ratios for the straight, left, and right input directions.
- Added natural resource settings to Edit Rules menu. You can change the display name as well as a “Keep when depleted” flag which, if enabled, will re-plant the crop (or retain a ‘depleted’ form of the mineral) once all resources have been mined. whether or not there is a linked production building.
- Terrain texture paint was added in creative mode and maps from previous campaigns were painted.
- Train cars will now fuse their filter with the engine element filter; previously, it simply overridden it. The exclusion flag can be used in cases where the player does not want an item in a train car that the engine filter would otherwise include
- Storage buildings (barn, base, rail depot, silo, box) can no longer be moved if they have inventory items.
- New global rule: “Allow storage movement” which prevents players from moving storage buildings that contain items. In creative mode, this rule does not apply. You can still move empty storage buildings at any time.
- Steam locomotives will move (slowly) even when they have no fuel or water
- Minecarts can now load and unload at Minecart Loaders (formerly Rail Loaders) even if they are part of a train.
- Opening the text / number input panel will not deselect the active item
- Improved icon for Splitter
- Right click actions now only count full click down + release (not just right click down)
- Fishing boats now have a fixed top-level filter of ‘Fish’, instead of a Fish type assigned in their inventory slot (for consistency)
- Train cars will show the main filter (based on the train locomotive) in view-only format in their selection panel
- Steam locomotives show an alert when they run out of fuel or water
- You can turn the aerial view on or off without changing the construction object
- Bug fixed: display bug where objects were invisible in OSX (when changing default graphics API from Metal to OpenGL)
- Bug fixed: natural resources showing blank ‘Entries’ row in item scrolling tooltip
- Bug fixed: I could click outside the Edit Rules menu when creating a new game to leave the UI blank
- Bug fixed: Object labels would still show in path and logic blocks even if disabled in preferences
- Bug fixed: Mining layer was not activated when using prospecting or mine shaft tools, leading to confusing behavior and error messages
- Bug fixed: Water, Steam and Omni connectors would produce elements even if the active state was disabled
- Bug fixed: Water and Steam connectors were missing ‘In + Out’ access type (Mana connectors intentionally don’t have this, for now)