Update 4.00 has arrived for Dirt 5and here is the full list of changes and fixes added in this patch.
This update has been released for the PlayStation, Xbox, and PC versions of the game. Note that patch sizes vary depending on the platform.
Codemasters also notes that the Google Stadia version of the game will be updated at a later date. This new update was released on March 30thth, 2021 and it’s a major patch that supports new DLC and makes bug fixes.
You can read the patch notes below.
Dirt 5 Update 4.00 Patch Notes
- Uproar Content Pack (separate package included in the Amplified Edition and Year One Upgrade versions
- After Dark Playgrounds Update – Over 20 new items can be used in creation mode, including new loop-de-loop items
- Nighttime playground conditions in Arizona and Italy
- New official liveries: BMW M1 Procar, SUBARU WRX STI RX Supercar, SUBARU Impreza S4 Rallye and MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION VI.
- Private Lobbies: The online game includes the option for private lobbies for up to eight players by invitation with custom options for racing events
- Verified Creators: Icon added to playground creations designed by selected top creators
- News menu added to show profile statistics including total kilometers traveled
- Steam and Windows Store: Shadows cast by cars from the sun are now ray-traced shadows
- Fixed game crash bugs when trying to log in to a profile that was already assigned to another controller / input
- Scrolling statistics while waiting for online multiplayer now shows the user’s total distance in miles rather than meters
- Xbox: Fixed crashes during the Lion’s Head rally raid career event
- Fixed some cases of game stoppage / soft lock at the end of the event
- Fixed mute options for other players in public online events
- PC: Fixed bugs where multiple Fanatec wheels generated throttle and brake inputs when idling
- Key bindings on several Fanatec wheels have been resolved and refined, including the CSW Elite series and the Universal Hub
- PC: Fixed an issue where the camera would move when using Photo mode with a keyboard
- PlayStation: Fix for reports of frame rate drops when using the Thrustmaster T-150 wheel
- Playgrounds: Fixed leaderboards not loading which caused a network error
- Split-Screen: The mini-map is now displayed correctly for split-screen events
- Xbox: Correction for switching patterns on Logitech G920
- Xbox: Fixed graphical corruption when entering Photo Mode during an event
- PC: The occurrence of driver animations that were not triggered as intended on a number of PC configurations and graphics cards has been fixed
The PC version has also been updated to version 4.01 and you can read the following notes. The same patch will be released for the PlayStation and Xbox versions in the coming days.
4.01 patch notes
- PS5: Other fixes and tweaks aimed at improving performance and frame rate consistency
- Fixed bugs where the camera appeared erratic during an event, after exiting Photo mode, or looking behind the car
- Xbox One: More fixes for crashes
- Fixed freezes / soft locks at the end of career events on PS5 and Steam
Dirt 5 is available now for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X / S, PS4, Xbox One and Google Stadia. For more information on the patch released today, visit the official website.
Codemasters Dirt 5