Behavior Interactive today launched a Descend beyond Update for Dead by daylight. We have all the information about this patch on September 8.
the Dead by Daylight update 2.01 (4.2.0) can now be downloaded and installed. In total you have to download and install around ??? GB, depending on the platform. Includes balance updates and bug fixes.
Dead by Daylight 2.01 Patch Notes – Update 4.2
Unleash The Blight, an alchemist consumed by his research. Ambition drove him to the Entity realm, but his hunger for power destroyed him. Mutated and insane, his power, rife with corruption, provides him with unnatural abilities to quickly hunt down and ambush survivors.
Plan your getaway with Felix Richter, a successful architect who was ripped from his lavish lifestyle. Resourceful and fearless, he has clever ways to deal with the evil to come and plan for what matters most to him: returning home.
- Added a new killer: The plague.
- Added a new survivor: Felix Richter.
- Added a new Rare Offering for Assassins and Survivors: Sacrificial Guardian – cancel other offers that would send you to a specific realm.
- Added a new common offering for killers and survivors: Bloody plane – reveals the aura of the basement hooks for 20 seconds at the beginning of the test. If the map has a Killer Shack, this offer increases the chances that the basement will spawn under it.
- Added a new common offering for killers and survivors: Ripped plane – reveals the aura of the basement hooks for 20 seconds at the beginning of the test. If the map has a main building, this offer increases the chances that the basement will spawn below it.
- Added a new common offering for killers and survivors: Annotated plan – If the map has a Killer Shack, this offer increases the chances of the hatch spawning within it.
- Added a new common offering for killers and survivors: Vigo map – If the map has a main building, this offer increases the chances that the hatch will spawn inside it.
Features and content
Many in-game items in Dead By Daylight have not been significantly changed since the game’s launch. As part of our ongoing effort to improve the game’s visuals, many of these items received visual updates in this patch to bring them closer to our long-term view of the game’s appearance. Some realms also received visual updates, and later in future patches.
- Visual updates to several common in-game items:
- Visual update of Generators including changes to models, animations and VFX. Survivor repair animations and visual effects have also been updated.
- Visual update of Palettes, including models and VFX.
- Visual update of Lockers.
- Visual update of Chests, including the model and changes in the Survivor interaction. This Survivor interaction has been updated
- Visual updates to some maps, including break wall additions:
- Springwood – Updated maps of Badham I – V preschool
- Yamaoka Estate – Updated Family Residence and Sanctuary of Wrath
- Update your aim when using the flashlight. Until 4.1.0, the flashlight would point up and to the right of the center of the screen. In 4.1.0, the aiming animation was updated, causing the flashlight to point further to the right of center. Now the target should be directly in the center.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in Survivors not being stunned when the Deathslinger fired at them.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hillbilly’s loading and lunge speed to be reduced when equipped with the Tuned Carb Add-on.
- Fixed an issue that caused all Legion characters to use Julie’s animation when the ‘Empty Gaze’ skin was equipped.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Oni to lose the ability to enter Blood Fury.
- Fixed an issue that caused Oni’s blood orbs to sometimes flicker in and out of visibility.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Vile Purge of the Plague to rise higher than before.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Form to not change stance while at Level 3 Evil Within.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Trapper’s bear trap aura to not appear during the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to get stuck at the bottom of the hill on various maps.
- Fixed various issues that can cause Survivors to become misaligned during Moris.
- Fixed an issue that caused a regressing generator to not turn red once it reached progress 0 when using the Vigilance perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Scroll Down” message to be replaced for Survivors who were next to a pallet while injured and with the Self-Care Benefit equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to see breakable wall auras when equipped with the Windows of Opportunity perk and suffering from the Blind effect.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when selecting Low or Medium Graphics Quality from Medium and above.
- Reduced rank update bugs.
- HTML markup in player names during social notifications (toast invitations) are now handled correctly.