Added support for the new Raid Boss: Hemovorous the Invincible
- Hemovorous has them hidden behind a previously sealed door on Pandora, and Director’s Cut is your chance to face this monstrous enemy!
- To compete against Hemovorous, players must complete the main story campaign and own the Director’s Cut content. You will get the raid mission from Claptrap’s closet in Sanctuary III. It costs 500 Eridium for your party to open the door, so you will have the opportunity to get new loot if you succeed.
Added support for Ava’s murder secrets
- Ava believes she has a head start on some potentially supernatural murders and has decided to document her results in serialized podcast form. Consider yourself their companion as you investigate strange events on Pandora, Promethea, Eden-6, and Nekrotafeyo to search for answers (and loot) with the help of a few familiar faces.
Added behind-the-scenes content
- A new menu option is available to Director’s Cut Owners! Explore a gallery filled with concept art, storyboards, lost cards, and footage from throughout the game’s development – including a very special animation for Maya who didn’t make it to Borderlands 3.
Added support for Safe cards and their rewardsand implements the first Vault card of three
- Vault Cards are a new challenge-based progression system in Borderlands 3 that unlocks a wide variety of themed cosmetics, as well as extremely powerful gear that can be scaled to your level.
- The vault cards each have three daily challenges and one multi-level weekly challenge.
- Daily challenges reset every day at 9:00 a.m. and weekly challenges reset every Thursday at 9:00 a.m.
NEW CONTENT FOR DESIGNER’S CUT & SEASON PASS 2:
- The arms race for players with the Designer’s Cut has been expanded to include four new pieces of equipment
- Added the Disciples of the vault Cosmetic packages for players with Season Pass 2
Each character-specific Disciples of the Vault pack contains a unique Vault Hunter body and head that you can combine with any of the other customization options in your collection.
NEW BASE GAME CONTENT
Added support for Maurice’s black market machine
- Maurice’s black market vending machine offers a variety of top-tier legendary loot hiding in a new location every week (excluding DLC cards).
- This vending machine will move every Thursday at 9:00 a.m. PT
Added support for Crazy Earl’s reroll machine
- For 250 Eridium, you can rerun an existing anointing on any piece of equipment – but be careful: you cannot take it back once you’ve rerun your anointing!
- This machine will be permanently located near Crazy Earl on Sanctuary III
Opening of the diamond armory in Sanctuary III
- The diamond armory is located under the bridge at Sanctuary III and opens up a whole room full of loot
- The room is activated with a diamond key. These are rare rewards that can be obtained through vault cards!
- The RYNAH has been updated to be able to roll anointing
- The Broken Heart Day weapons have been updated to allow anointing to be rolled
- Heavy Damage Artifacts have been updated to properly increase heavy weapon damage
- Updated Active Ointments for Action Skills so that switching to an ASA anointed weapon while the Action Skill is active will benefit from anointing
- Addressed a reported concern that not all players would hear the Eridian Log in the Medical Department after The First Vault mission
- DLC2, DLC3, and DLC4 have been updated to properly scale with the player’s level in True Vault Hunter mode
- The Eridium glasses in Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot have been updated to display correctly for all players
- The agent’s Critical Mass mod has been renamed to its correct name: Spy
“Critical Mass” is a new class mod in the Director’s Cut; The name was changed somewhere along the way and this change corrects that!
- The HOT Spring Legendary grenade from the Designer’s Cut has been updated to display correct textures
- Fixed a reported issue that resulted in seedy players staying in FFYL after being revived in the Arms Race
- Fixed a reported issue that resulted in skill points earned during the arms race not being properly awarded
- Added an indicator that a player is watching the arms race after their death
- Noticeable issues were addressed throughout the game when players were engaged in a heavy fight
- Timed events have been updated to provide up-to-date event rewards if the player played in the previous year
- Captain Haunt has been updated to prevent him from remaining invincible if his phylacteries (what a word) are destroyed too quickly. Players won’t see this change until the Bloody Harvest returns!
- Hotfixes have been permanently added to the game
- Added quick change stations to takedown on Maliwan Blacksite and takedown on Guardian Breach
VAULT HUNTER CHANGES
- Moze the Gunner’s Harmonious Havoc’s ability has been updated to deal the right amount of damage after entering FFYL
- Amara the Siren’s Phasegrasp skill has been updated to activate it correctly when dealing damage in situations where it cannot take down enemies (like bosses).
- The siren’s phaseflare ball has been updated to properly activate when aiming at the ground, using an action skill, and switching weapons at the same time
- The Siren’s skill projectile has been changed to have its own source of damage
- The remnant skill has been updated so that only weapon and action skill damage in a remnant ball can pass through to match the item card
- The Beastmaster’s Cmdl3t class mod FL4K has been updated to trigger bullet, melee, and skill damage
- The Beastmaster’s ION Loader pet has been updated to track enemies on the move when using the laser eye attack
- The Beastmaster’s Bad Astra skin on the quick swap has been updated to use the correct icon
PLATFORM SPECIFIC CHANGES:
- The friends list in epic versions of Borderlands 3 has been updated so there are no friends who don’t exist
- Edge detection for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X has been updated
- Addressed a reported issue in the split screen that resulted in art and text spilling into the lower screen
- The icons have been updated to display properly in the split screen ECHOmap
- The Operator’s Double Run skill has been updated to show the full effect in the split screen
- Fixed an issue where the Tales from the Eridian Slab and Master of All You Survey trophies would sometimes not be unlocked on PlayStation 5. Players who have met these requirements should receive the trophy the next time they play Borderlands 3’s update
- Fixed a reported issue that resulted in the Guardian Rank resetting when transferring backup data between PS4 and PS5
- Added a screen to obscure SHiFT menus on PlayStation 5 when streaming
- Fixed a reported issue that resulted in some players being unable to search for other players after matchmaking started
- Fixed various system errors that sometimes appeared when Slow HDD was turned on on PlayStation 4 players
- Fixed a reported issue that sometimes resulted in the player character, level, and map position not being displayed in multiplayer
- Fixed a reported issue that resulted in some Xbox users being unable to join their friend’s game by invitation while the game was not open
- Fixed an issue that allowed some Xbox players to continue playing online without an active Xbox Gold subscription
- Improved server consolidation on Xbox
ADDITIONAL HOT FIXES
Today’s hotfix changes will be available on all platforms by 12:00 PM PT. To apply hotfixes, wait in the main menu until a sign saying “Hotfixes Applied!” Appears. If you have any problems or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.
- Adjusted the world drop rate as players use Mayhem levels
Border areas 3 is available for PlayStation, Xbox, PC and Google Stadia. For more information on the game, see official website.